2.21.2007

LENT & MOM'S BIRTHDAY!

Happy Birthday, Mom!!! Mom is celebrating 69 years today which is also the first day of Lent!

Just wondering............ Do any of you give up something for Lent??? I'm curious to know what kinds of things, habits, stuff, etc. that people give up. I guess in recent years, I haven't really given up anything in particular at this time, but rather have tried to be more conscious and mindful of what's to come as we celebrate Easter. It's a chance for us to become more conscious of the greatest gift - that God gave up His only son so that we could have everlasting life. How awesome a gift!!!

I'd love to know what you do at this time, if anything!

Be blessed, all!!!

2 comments:

Carole Foret said...

I'm kind of the same way, Sis. I don't usually give up as much as press forward with improving something like my devotion/journal time in the mornings. That's probably what I"ll do.

Yeah, Mom's birthday is today--check out my homage to her on my blog!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

My Lent tradition is that I try to focus on something positive that is hard but will help me and others in the future, something that I would otherwise not have made the time for, or sacrificed the money it would take.

This year, after 25 years as a vocal devotee of natural light photography, I'm forcing myself to learn off-camera lighting.

Since I'm a technophobe, I have to ask a lot of stupid questions! But I'm learning SO MUCH!

Happy birthday to your mom! And thanks for posting the question!