12.18.2007

Happy Birthday, Dad!



Yesterday was my Dad's 73rd birthday! I always feel a bit sad because I can't be with him to celebrate in Alabama, but I celebrate with him on the phone and in spirit the rest of the day. This picture is from last summer when we were all gathered at my brother's house. We were all visiting out on the back porch - something my Dad loves to do. Me, too! I'm so proud of the man he is and the father he has been to me all my life. I couldn't have asked for a better father to me, and by anyone's standards, he is a model father! He's been a great business man the last 45 years, and in the last few years, he has pursued his passion in writing his first book a couple of years ago called "The Last Witness from a Dirt Road" and now his second one is upcoming. Check it all out here.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAD! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!

Claire

1 comment:

Carole Foret said...

Awesome tribute, Sis! We missed you last night celebrating. But Dad's highlight of his day was talking to you on the phone. :)

Can't wait till 8 more days!